Thursday, November 1, 2018

I am Shannon Cunningham...Black Diamond ITL!

My name is Shannon Cunningham and I am a teacher at Black Diamond Elementary.  Over the last 14 years, I've taught grades 3-6.  This year, I am teaching a 3rd/4th-grade combination class.  I have a business degree from the University of Washington and a Masters degree in Elementary Education from Eastern Washington University.  I have been married for 25 years and have 2 daughters, both are attending Washington State University. My husband and I recently moved to a mountain cabin in Greenwater, Wa...population 67 people!  In my spare time, I like to read, travel and cook.

I love being a teacher and am passionate about teaching kids to become independent learners who are confident and believe in themselves.  I also want them to learn that failure is a good thing and it's important to persevere in order to reach our goals.  I am consistently looking for ways to make learning exciting and accessible to all students.  I often try new things...sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, but I keep working at it!


1 comment:

  1. I love your energy and passion around teaching! Glad I get to continue to work with you this year!

    ReplyDelete

Reasons I don't do Feedly or read blogs. . . .

Reasons I don't do Feedly or read blogs. . . .Twitter and Podcasts You see, I am a person with minimal free time. I am a wife, parent...